getting the flu. yeah. it’s awesome. who doesn’t want aches and pains and to fall asleep by/on the toilet?
I hadn’t had the flu since I was 11, then bam-o, twice in one year. Is my body trying to make up for lost time? ‘Cause seriously? stop. For the first time ever I’m considering getting the flu shot just so I lower my chances of this happening again soon.
You know those days where you feel like you’ve just got your stuff together and accomplish so much? It was one of those days. SO GOOD. This is the first time in years where I can think straight. My mind isn’t scattered thinking about papers to write or lectures to listen to while trying to take care of my home and family. Earlier this week I created a huge to-do list filled with things that I’ve wanted to accomplish for a year or so and it’s amazing how fast they can be done when you can focus on a few things at a time. SO GOOD. Things are being purged from my home. Items are being reorganized. I’m quickly checking things off the list. Today I am queen of the world….. or at least, queen of this house. And it feels darn good.
- burnt my hand really badly at work today. ended up wrapping it in cool cloth with ice on top for six hours. finally feeling better, just a few blisters.
- the above thru my day off. had a hard time concentrating on anything. became easily angered and frustrated.
- possibly booked a photo shoot for the fam with a local photographer. will share more info when it happens but I’m really excited. I love her work.
- planning a little family shin dig for O’s 2nd birthday just because I can. I have decided it will be a brunch/lunch full of breakfast foods like stuffed french toast or crepes… with some sort of cupcake train or train themed cake.
- I get to sleep in tomorrow!!! and stay home with O!!! and play!!!
Just booked my first (and probably only) all inclusive vacation to the Dominican. No child. Just the hubby and I. It will be a “I finally graduated!” & “I’m turning 30!” kind of vacation. Right now I can’t wait until I can lay on the beach and soak up the sun. And perhaps this is a good time to think about a Nexus tablet or something along those lines so I can bring five billion books with me…
in November you can find us here: